I've seen quite a few requests from customers to export Episerver content to Excel. While there is an API to subscribe to for a custom export, still very often one only needs a full list of articles/employee pages or similar without doing an extra deploy.
Here is a short guide on how to do it:
- Export part of the tree structure from admin mode
- Extract the zip file (usually named ExportedFile.episerverdata) to a folder
- Delete everything but a file named epix.xml
- Create a new file in Excel, click Data -> Get data -> From File -> From XML
- Select the file, wait a bit for a window to load and then click Transform Data in the bottom right part of it
- Delete all columns except pages and then keep expanding the remaining column in the order below.
- In the end click Close & Load. You will get Name and Value columns which you can filter out on ex. Page name.
- The following fields should be expanded:
- Name and Value
See the quick solution in action in a gif here.